Mobile, smartphones, iPhones - here what we hear every now and then. A little more than a decade ago no one could believe that in such a short time mobile will play such a big role in our life. By 2015, 81% of US cell users will have smartphones.
Mobile being a pocket-sized computing device has become an inseparable part of our routine. Remember yourself, when you, by a great mistake, forgot your phone at home – you are lost, you seem to be cut from the whole world. Or, imagine your child has left the phone at home - what happens to you? And you start to wonder: how could people do without a phone before?
Yes, mobile is really a great addition to our lives and now we use it not only for calling and messaging, even many people use it for other purposes more than for its main functionality. It became our newspaper, alarm clock, watch, photo album, map, radio, video, travel guide, organizer, game zone and much more. Even while shopping many people should look up other local stores’ pricing before buying something (73% of consumers say they have used their mobile phone in a store). In short – mobile revolutioned our lives.
Here are some interesting facts about mobile:
- 91% of all people on earth have a mobile phone, WalkDigital
- 29% of the world’s mobile users live in India and China, Mobithinking
- 50% of mobile phone users use mobile as their primary Internet source, WalkDigital
- The average person checks their smartphone 34 times a day, WalkDigital
- 39% of mobile users access social networks from their phones, Business Insider
- By 2016, 88% of local advertising will be delivered on a mobile device, WalkDigital