A great year passed, another one awaits. It really passed so fast and now I think if I should continue my monthly acquisition reporting another year. It was quite interesting for me to see the world’s giants becoming even more powerful with every new deal. I don’t remember any deal to be unworthy. Correct me, if it’s not so.
Google was the winner by the number of deals made in 2014. AT&T made the “mammoth” deal of the year. I cannot, but express my personal opinion - I consider Oracle the best deal maker of the year, as my career changed with one of its acquisitions during 2014.
I pulled together the best deals of 2014 and all the mentioned acquisitions are game-changing purchases:
- Google Buys Nest ($3.2 billion)
- Google Buys Skybox Imaging ($500 million)
- Google Buys Deepmind ($500 million)
- Facebook Buys Oculus - $2 billion
- Facebook buys WhatsApp - $19 billion
- Oracle Buys Micros Systems - $5.3 billion
- Microsoft Buys Mojang - $2.5 billion
- Apple Buys Beats - $3 billion
- Lenovo Buys Motorola - $2.9 billion
- Comcast buys Time Warner - $45 billion
- AT&T buys DirecTV- $48 billion