Today when it’s the World Smile Day I’d like to make all my readers realize how beautiful our life is and smile for a second. Smile, even if you’re very tired. Many people smile not because they are very happy, but to hide their sadness.
The idea of World Smile Day was initiated by Harvey Ball, a commercial artist from Massachusetts. He is known to have created the yellow smiley face in 1963. The world's first World Smile Day was held in 1999 and has been held annually since.
Good customer service starts with a smile
Smile is the inseparable component of a good customer service. Remember how many times you made your customers change their mood or even anger with just a little smile as most smiles are started by another smile. It costs nothing, but gives so much.
Even if you are an agent on the other side of the line, the customer feels your smile; it warms him and makes it possible for him to change his attitude towards you.
Smile plays magic!
Start your day with a smile and see how the magic begins to work. People smile back at you; you feel happier, and you also make others happier.
Another magic of a smile: “Every smile makes you a day younger”. Why not look younger and at the same time spread your positive mood on your family, friends, colleagues or customers. It’s the only thing that can fit all people, as everybody smiles in the same language.
Brighten your day with someone else’s smile!
What do I usually do to make my day? I follow the saying that became my motto: “If I could make someone laugh, my day will be complete”.
I’d like to brighten your day a little bit with some of my beloved quotations:
· A smile is an inexpensive way to change your looks ~Charles Gordy
· A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you’re at home ~Unknown
· A smile is the universal welcome ~Max Eastman
· Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you’ve been up to ~ Unknown
· Smile! It increases your face value ~Robert Harling, Steel Magnolias
· A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose ~Tom Wilson
· The world always looks brighter from behind a smile~ Unknown
· If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it ~Andy Rooney
· A smile takes but a moment, but the memory of it lasts forever~Anonymous
· Smile with your lips, smile with your eyes, smile with your heart and your soul and your life ~Terri Guillemets
Imagine that your smile may become sunshine in somebody’s life. If you don’t have a smile I’m ready to give you one of mine!