Twitter became one of the most popular social platforms used by the great part of the companies worldwide. It’s used for broadcasting, engagement, content sharing, driving traffic.
Many companies have more than one twitter account (Dell has 44 Twitter accounts.) Anyway statistics shows that personal accounts have more followers than companies. Here you can see the
It was so interesting to read some facts about Twitter that I decided to put the most important ones here.Twitter
- Twitter has 105,779,710 registered users
- 300,000 new users sign up per day
- There are over 100,000 Twitter applications
- Twitter receives 180 million unique visitors per month
- 37% of active Twitter users use their phone to tweet
- 63% of Brands have multiple accounts
- 97% of major brands use Twitter(Apple does not use Twitter or any other social media)
- There are more women on Twitter (53%) than men (47%)
- New York has the most Twitters users, followed by Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco and Boston
- 21% of users have never posted a Tweet
Did you know?
- The best time to tweet if you want to be retweeted is on Friday at 4 p.m. EST (says Social media scientist Dan Zarrella)
- Weekends are the best time to reach customers on Twitter
- Tweets with media (a photo/video) get 3 to 4 times more engagement than those without
- Twitter is good for busy hours (7AM-8PM). This, of course, will depend on your target audience and company type, but mostly it works.
- Even though the tweet can contain 140 characters, try to use 100 characters (120 at maximum) to make it retweetable. First of all it attracts attention and, secondly, people can add their comments when retweeting.
In one of my next posts I’ll try to put some great free Twitter analytics tools that I ever used to measure Twitter effectiveness.